Welcome to our discussion forum! Please ask questions and tag them appropriately. Please ensure you ask good questions.
If you ask a good question, you get a good answer. The secret of asking good questions is to be REALLY specific about what you want to know and demonstrate you have done some work to solve your problem
Here's a list of the most horrible questions ever asked in the history of humanity:
- This doesn't work. How do I make this work?
- This is broken. How do I fix it?
- I don't understand what's wrong. How do I do the thing?
The characteristics of better questions:
- Very specifically describe what isn't working
- Very specifically describe what you have tried
- Often include error messages
- Share the code that isn't working
- Include screenshots of the problem
- Very clearly explain your goal
An example of an excellent question:
I can't remember how to make something in a form required. I want users to not be able to click 'post' until they have written something in a textbox (since it wouldn't make sense for my project for people to post empty replies, which would just take up space) or if they click out of the page.
Thanks for the help.
Here is a snippet of what element in my form I want to make required:
<label for="body"> Message Body: </label>
<input class="form-control" id ="body" type="text" name="body" placeholder="Please type the message here">